Following exert taken from an article entitled: Silence is Stainless - The Search for the Holy Grail
"Perhaps the most surprising result was what appeared to be an increase in accuracy. At first I put it down to my shooting, but time after time it outshot both the other moderators, why? I have no idea. Better barrel harmonics? The bushless design? I'm still puzzled!"
Written by Paul Hill, Director & Owner of the Corinium Rifle Range, UK.
This product is our latest advancements being shorter, lighter with improved performance. Allowing for fast removal and fitting to another rifle without the down-time of replacing the rear barrel support bush. Ideal for commercial applications.
The 30 COMPACT is an over-barrel design, developed for the following calibres:
6.5x55 S, 6.5- 284 Norma, 270 Win, 7mm 08 Rem, 308 Win, 30-06 Springfield, 7.62 x 39 Ru
- To fit barrel diameters up to 0.886" (22.5mm) for barrels larger than this diameter please contact us.
- This design has a sealed expansion chamber which comes back over the barrel allowing for better weight distribution.
- The threaded muzzle of the barrel winds into a barrel support spider located behind the groove seen on the outer tube. This aligns the muzzle to the bore of the moderator.
- Single point mounting system, allowing for fast removal and fitting to another rifle without the down-time of having to replace the rear barrel support bush to the appropriate one. Ideal for commercial applications.
- Higher operating temperatures.
- Faster cooling of the barrel exterior.
- Reduced mirage.
- 5,000x round minimum service life (approx. life of a standard rifle barrel).
- Constructed using only quality corrosion resistant materials, with high resistance to flame degradation, retaining structual integrity.
- High corrosion resistance to salt water exposure.
- Finishes either brushed stainless or black (Gun Kote 2401F).
- Internal geometry harnesses the energy of the gun-shot to keep the moderator tight on the thread shoulder, resulting in high level rifle accuracy and longevity of the product, eliminating the problems with a moderator unwinding leading to baffle strike.
- No star or spring washers required to ensure the moderator remains tight against the thread shoulder.
- Minimal blow-back from ejector port on firing (direct-gas semi-auto rifles only).
- Shrink fit assembly and welded construction developed to resist high impact and abrasion.
- Reduced muzzle flash.
- Reduced recoil for improved target aquisition.
- Warranty: 5 years
For International Sales: Sound Moderators are Restricted Products in many countries, to purchase we will require a copy of your import permit or an official document stating otherwise, before we can release products.
Specifications subject to change without prior notification.