The XTREME is our latest advancement in an over-barrel design. We have produced a "T" series over-barrel model weighing only 16.08oz (456gms), 1 1/2" (38.1mm) diameter and an overall length of only 6.65" (169mm), improved performance and the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) falling well below 140 dB with bolt-action rifles. The internal geometry is designed to harness the energy of the gun-shot to keep the moderator tight against the thread shoulder. The Xtreme B-L is designed to accept .17 HMR and .22 WMR and including 223 Rem bolt-action rifles, with barrel diameters up to 0.906" (23.0mm).
Designed to attach directly to the Ruger sr-556 (Piston) muzzle thread: 1/2x28 UNEF (with flash hider removed). Rear of moderator clears the gas-regulator adjustment knob.
- Single point mounting system for improved accuracy, faster removal and assembly to another rifle without the down-time of replacing the rear barrel support bush with the appropriate one. Ideal for commercial applications.
- Higher operating temperatures.
- Faster cooling of the barrel exterior.
- Reduced mirage.
- This design has a sealed expansion chamber which comes back over the barrel allowing for better weight distribution.
- The threaded muzzle of the barrel winds into a barrel support spider located behind the groove seen on the outer tube. This aligns the muzzle to the bore of the moderator.
- 5,000x round minimum service life (approx. life of a standard rifle barrel).
- Constructed using only quality corrosion resistant materials, with high resistance to flame degradation, retaining structual integrity.
- High corrosion resistance to salt water exposure.
- Finishes either brushed stainless or black (Gun Kote 2401F).
- Internal geometry harnesses the energy of the gun-shot to keep the moderator tight on the thread shoulder, resulting in high level rifle accuracy and longevity of the product, eliminating the problems with a moderator unwinding leading to baffle strike.
- No star or spring washers required to ensure the moderator remains tight onto the thread shoulder.
- Minimal blow-back from ejector port on firing (direct-gas semi-auto rifles only).
- Shrink fit assembly and welded construction developed to resist high impact and abrasion.
- Reduced muzzle flash.
- Reduced recoil for improved target aquisition.
- Warranty: 5 years
For International Sales: Sound Moderators are Restricted Products in many countries, to purchase we will require a copy of your import permit or an official document stating otherwise, before we can release products.
Specifications subject to change without prior notification.